It’s now easier than ever to advocate for Colorado’s creative future. By getting involved, we all can ensure that arts, culture and the creative industries are valued and supported by our state policymakers and voters.
These resources will help equip you to advocate for arts and culture right here in our community, and at a state and national level. Sharing information – even with just a neighbor, friend or relative – helps to ensure a strong creative community for years to come!
- Americans for the Arts: Advocate
- Americans for the Arts: Arts Action Fund
- Americans for the Arts: Research Studies and Publications
- Americans for the Arts: Toolkits
- National Arts Advocacy Day Archives
- Colorado Creative Industries: Advocacy Tools
- Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade on Colorado’s Creative Industries
- Colorado Business Committee for the Arts
- Rural Arts Now
ARTICLES AND REPORTS
- 10 Reasons to Support the Arts in 2022
- 2022 Colorado State Fact Sheet
- 2022 Creative Economy Federal Legislation
- Virtual Arts Advocacy Tips from NASAA
- Next City: Arts & Culture
- 2020 Profile of Local Arts Agencies
- Arts & Economic Prosperity: National Study
- The Importance of Arts Education in Workforce Preparation
- What If All Community Development Started with Local Arts and Culture?
- Art Could Help Med Students Become Better Doctors
- Denver Post article on How Coloradans Engage their Art
- How Art Saved My Life by Tony Babi
- What If More Artists Ran for City Council?