Thursday, July 23, 3:00-4:30 p.m.
at the Millibo Art Theatre
(1626 S Tejon St., Colorado Springs)
Curious about plans for the Pikes Peak region’s second annual Arts Month celebration this October? Join us to learn more, get inspired, and get plugged in! We’ll update you on new promotional plans, cooperative advertising opportunities, current funding and ideas of how you and/or your organization can engage in this campaign to elevate the visibility and value of arts and culture in our community.
Works by Jeremy Grant
Opening: July 10, 5-8 p.m.
COPPeR’s Office & Arts Info Space
(121 S. Tejon St., Downtown Colorado Springs)
Jeremy Grant’s dramatic, found-object collages explore resurrection through the creative reuse of deconstructed materials. Join us for a public opening on July 10 in conjuction with the opening of Gallery of Contemporary Art’s GOCA121 show “Bright Young Things”.
Jeremy’s works will be on exhibit at COPPeR through August 27. Public hours are Monday-Friday, 10am-4pm.
8th Annual Business & Arts Lunch
The Colorado Springs Regional Business Alliance and COPPeR are pleased to present the Business & Arts Lunch annually each October to honor businesses that are involved in the arts through philanthropy, leadership, and the integration of creativity into the workplace.
This year’s Lunch will be held on Friday, October 9 at the Antlers Hilton in Downtown Colorado Springs. Last year’s event sold out in advance! Register now.
COPPeR is Seeking Opinions and Ideas!
As part of its strategic planning process, COPPeR is reaching out to community members for input. You are invited! Whether you are “interested in the arts” or formally part of the creative community as an artist or arts organization, we want your feedback.
Watch for an email with our community-wide online survey later this month. When you receive it, please respond and share it with others.
Local artists and representatives from arts organizations are invited to RSVP to attend one of three Arts Partners Meetings to take place on:
- Session A: Tuesday, August 11, 6:15-8:00 p.m. at the Tri-Lakes Center for the Arts
- Session B: Wednesday, August 12, 8:15-10:00 a.m. at the Cottonwood Center for the Arts
- Session C: Thursday, August 13, 3:15-5:00 p.m. at the Manitou Art Center
If you’re an artist or representative from a local arts organization and would like to attend one of these meetings, please RSVP to info@CulturalOffice.org with your (1) name, (2) email address, (3) phone number and (4) preferred meeting date.
If you have any questions about COPPeR’s strategic planning process, please email Andy Vick at andy@CulturalOffice.org.
2015 Peak Radar Guide to Free Outdoor Summer Concerts
Each summer, COPPeR compiles the region’s most comprehensive guide to free, outdoor summer concerts. There’s still plenty of summer left to enjoy live music every night of the week in the Pikes Peak region!
Applause, please …
Each month, COPPeR shares exciting stories of success and impact from across the arts community of the Pikes Peak region on our Facebook Page. Here are just a few inspiring stories from the past month:
- Pikes Peak United Way honored Sally Hybl (COPPeR Board member) with the prestigious S. Jerrard Smith Community Service Award. (6/5)
- The CSBJ profiled an inspiring leader in Monument’s arts scene, Anthony T. Archuleta. http://www.csbj.com/2015/06/04/artist-paints-what-he-feels-not-what-he-sees/ (6/10)
- The 2015-2016 Art on the Streets exhibition kicked off with a new collection of public art for temporary display in Downtown’s Creative District. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLY_uoRnFLM&feature=youtu.be&app=desktop (6/19)
- Local hip hop artist Natasha “ItsareaLight” Spence passed away on June 9. http://www.csindy.com/coloradosprings/local-musicians-remember-natasha-itsrealight-spence/Content?oid=3133848 (6/24)
- Ormao Dance Company celebrated its 25th anniversary! (6/25)
- D11’s Summer Enrichment course fuses components of fine art, drama or music with science, math, technology, English, foreign languages and other subjects. http://gazette.com/arts-spice-up-summer-learning-in-colorado-springs-district/article/1554392 (6/25)
- Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center is one of only four locations in the U.S. to host the works of Georgia O’Keeffe in the Eloquent Object exhibition: http://www.csindy.com/coloradosprings/georgia-okeeffe-headlines-eloquent-objects-highlighting-the-fac-at-its-best/Content?oid=3153644 (6/27)
- Manitou Arts Center hosted its second annual exhibition of artwork by incarcerated youth from Spring Creek Youth Services Center: http://gazette.com/manitou-springs-art-exhibit-features-work-from-youth-in-correctional-facility/article/1554640 (6/29)
- Several leaders from the local arts community, including COPPeR, met with Mayor John Suthers to begin a healthy relationship with the new City of Colorado Springs administration. (6/29)
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/artsculturefun.
Let us know about YOUR stories at info@CulturalOffice.org.
Thursday, Oct. 1, 6:00-9:00 p.m.
The Mansion / The Mezzanine
(20 N. Tejon St., Downtown Colorado Springs