We invite residents and visitors to experience local arts & culture through a variety of channels: PeakRadar.com, the Peak Radar Picks weekly e-blast, Peak Radar Guides, easily accessible resources at our Walk-In Arts Information Space, festival outreach booths, and social media. We know that arts & culture make our community an exciting place to live, work, play…and visit.
- PeakRadar.com – PeakRadar.com is the Cultural Office’s signature audience development program. The site, a comprehensive arts and culture events calendar, is a vital tool for increasing cultural participation throughout the region. Since its launch in June 2007, PeakRadar.com has grown to feature in excess of 4,000 event listings a year, as well as over 350 cultural organization listings, and more than 300 artist profiles.
- Peak Radar Picks – This popular weekly e-blast highlights about 8 exciting arts & culture events in the region for the upcoming week, plus a featured artist of the week and special ticket giveaways. Through a partnership with the Colorado Springs Convention and Visitors Bureau, Peak Radar Picks currently reaches almost 14,000 subscribers from the local, regional and national community. Please click here to join the mailing list.
- Guest Curator Program – In conjunction with the weekly Peak Radar Picks e-blast, our Guest Curator program enables a different community member to help make our weekly selections. Anyone is welcome to be a Guest Curator, and you are more than welcome to promote your own upcoming events! To find out more about being a Guest Curator for a future Peak Radar Picks e-blast, please contact Brittney McDonald-Lantzer.
- Peak Radar Guides – The Cultural Office publishes several valuable guides for residents and visitors, available for free in print and accessible online. The main resource is Peak Radar Pages, the primary print directory of cultural nonprofits in the region, with 5,000 copies distributed annually. In June 2012, we launched the region’s first Public Art Directory for the region through PeakRadar.com. The Cultural Office also produces a popular Free Outdoor Summer Concert Guide and a Guide to Local Art Galleries.
- Outreach Festival Booths – Throughout the summer months, Cultural Office staff and volunteer Arts Advocates staff festival booths throughout the region to educate community members about our organization and to invite and encourage engagement with PeakRadar.com.
- Walk-In Arts Center – The Cultural Office downtown office serves as a walk-in public information center with resources about how to connect with local arts and culture. The space exhibits rotating shows by local visual artists, offers local artwork for sale and maintains a vast collection of posters, rack cards, brochures and flyers for upcoming cultural events and activities. First Friday art openings are co-presented throughout the year with the neighboring University of Colorado-Colorado Springs GOCA 121 Gallery space.