We invite residents and visitors to experience local arts & culture through a variety of channels: PeakRadar.com, the Peak Radar Picks weekly e-blast, Peak Radar Guides, easily accessible resources at our Walk-In Arts Information Space, festival outreach booths, and social media. We know that arts & culture make our community an exciting place to live, work, play…and visit.
- Peak Radar is the Cultural Office’s flagship program to invite residents and visitors to participate in the vibrant arts community here in the Pikes Peak region. The program includes managing and growing www.PeakRadar.com (our region’s online cultural calendar), as well as providing relevant and engaging content across five social media platforms.
- Our Peak Radar Picks is our popular weekly e-blast that highlights about 8 to 10 exciting cultural events in the region for the upcoming week, plus special ticket giveaways. Through a partnership with the Colorado Springs Convention and Visitors Bureau, the Peak Radar Picks currently reaches over 15,000 subscribers from the local, regional and national community. Please click here to join the mailing list.
- In conjunction with the weekly Peak Radar Picks e-blast, our Guest Curator program enables a different community member to help make our weekly selections. Anyone is welcome to be a Guest Curator, and you are more than welcome to promote your own upcoming events! To find out more about being a Guest Curator for a future Peak Radar Picks e-blast, please contact jonathan@CulturalOffice.org.
- The Cultural Office publishes several valuable Guides for residents and visitors, available for free in print and accessible online. The main resource is Peak Radar Pages, the primary print directory of cultural nonprofits in the region. Thanks to a new partnership with the Gazette, 70,000 copies of the 2018 edition will be printed and distributed throughout our community this October. The Cultural Office also produces a popular Free Outdoor Summer Concert Guide and a Guide to Local Art Galleries.
- Throughout the warmer months, Cultural Office staff and volunteer Arts Advocates operate Summer Outreach Booths at local festivals and events throughout the region to help educate community members about our organization and to invite and encourage engagement with PeakRadar.com.
- Walk-In Arts Center – The Cultural Office downtown office serves as a walk-in public information center with resources about how to connect with local arts and culture. The space exhibits rotating shows by local visual artists, offers local artwork for sale and maintains a vast collection of posters, rack cards, brochures and flyers for upcoming cultural events and activities. First Friday art openings are co-presented periodiclly throughout the year with the neighboring University of Colorado-Colorado Springs GOCA 121 Gallery space.