We connect people and resources across sectors using a number of strategies: the stewardship of our region’s 10-Year Cultural Plan, Arts Month initiative, Business & Arts Lunch, Coffee with COPPeR summits, and participation on diverse community boards and committees. We know that creativity and engagement are a catalyst for regional innovation, growth, and economic vitality.
- In 2010, the Cultural Office released the Cultural Plan for the Pikes Peak Region, a strategic 10-year plan document to develop, enliven, enhance and promote arts, culture and creative industries. The Plan, created with input from residents across the region, guides our strategies and tactics for supporting the growth and diversity of cultural activities and offerings in the Pikes Peak region, and points to ways in which the arts can strengthen all sectors of the community.
- Timed annually to coincide with National Arts & Humanities Month in October, our local Arts Month initiative is a coordinated marketing campaign in print, radio, TV, billboards, and social media that is designed to raise awareness for the area’s creative community and showcase the many exciting arts & cultural events taking place across the Pikes Peak region. Learn more at www.PeakRadar.com/ArtsMonth.
- Our First Friday Shuttle Bus service connects the two Art Walk events in Downtown Colorado Springs and Old Colorado City, and provides free transportation to tourists and local residents.
- In partnership with the Colorado Springs Chamber of Commerce and EDC, the annual Business & Arts Lunch is an opportunity to connect the business community with the area’s creative sector. The luncheon is widely recognized as a high quality, professional production unlike any other in the region for its lively and diverse performances by local artists, fast-paced program and cross-sector networking opportunities.
- Periodic morning gatherings called Coffee with COPPeR allow the Cultural Office to provide important progress reports related to the implementation of the Cultural Plan, as well as to update the general community on current creative initiatives in our region.