Your Cultural Office Is Making a Difference!
Wow! 2017 has been another amazing year for the Cultural Office! Here are a few of the programmatic highlights that demonstrate our impact in the community:
- Our fourth annual Arts Month celebration was the biggest and best yet, with exciting programming like the Artini, Business & Arts Lunch, ArtPOP, Art-o-Mat machine, and a fresh new look for all of our Arts Month marketing materials!
- PeakRadar.com, our cultural community’s online calendar and communications platform, continued to grow and reach more audiences than ever before, with over 500,000 views of the 4,500 local events listed in 2017!
- We launched the First Friday Shuttle Bus to connect the Art Walks in downtown Colorado Springs and Old Colorado City, and support all of the participating galleries in both communities. Watch for the bus to return in spring 2018!
- Our Arts & Economic Prosperity Study, conducted in cooperation with Americans for the Arts every five years, identified that the nonprofit arts & cultural sector in our region has a $153.3 million impact on our local economy!
In addition to expanding the programs above, our plans for 2018 include:
- Creative Forces, a national initiative focusing on arts and healing in the military sector, is coming to Fort Carson. The Cultural Office will lead the local program coordination alongside state and federal partners!
- In cooperation with the Pikes Peak Community Foundation’s Fund for the Arts, the Cultural Office will be launching Peak Arts Prize, a new community-based contest that will fund creative programming by local arts organizations and artists!
I’m really proud of our work over the past year. I hope you’ll consider joining arts patrons across our region in supporting the Cultural Office’s far-reaching impact with a tax-deductible gift.