March Arts News from the Cultural Office
El Paso County Celebrates New Arts Exhibition Partnership
El Paso County is hosting a reception on Friday, March 4 from 4:00-5:30 pm to celebrate a new partnership with Cottonwood Center for the Arts to provide rotating artwork for the walls of the Centennial Hall government building. We applaud the County for their support of local arts & culture, and hope to see you at the opening reception!
The Lantern Glow: A Cultural Festival of Lights
Saturday, May 7 at Pikes Peak International Raceway
Gates open 3pm, Lantern Release at 8:30 pm
Pikes Peak International Raceway is hosting The Lantern Glow: A Cultural Festival of Lights on Saturday, May 7 in partnership with the Cultural Office of the Pikes Peak Region, iHeart Media, and My 99.9FM. The event will highlight the meaning behind lantern festivals around the world and the rich arts and culture available in our own community. At previous events, there have been audiences of 8,000-12,000 people. Regional arts and cultural organizations are invited to participate for free and share information about their organizations with the community.
Opportunities for you to participate:
- Free booth space at the event to promote your group and provide fun activities for a family audience. (You must provide your own tables, chairs, tents, etc.)
- Paid positions during the event: parking, registration, sales
- Volunteers before and after the event: building lantern kits, picking up lanterns
- Performers to be featured on the main stage, programmed in partnership with My 99.9 FM.
This will be a stunning visual celebration. At nightfall, thousands of people will release their lanterns into the sky for the finale, creating an unforgettable moment! Some proceeds from this event will benefit the Cultural Office.
To learn more, contact Olivia Kirkpatrick.
Applause, please …
COPPeR shares exciting stories of success and impact from across the community on www.facebook.com/artsculturefun. Like us on Facebook and share YOUR success stories with us via e-mail at info@CulturalOffice.org.
- Congratulations to the US Air Force Academy cadets in the singing group “In the Stairwell” who will be heading to St. Louis on April 2 to compete in the International Championship of Collegiate A Cappella semifinals!
- COPPeR’s Director of Community Partnerships, Angela Seals, and her family were February Members of the Month at the Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center.
- Kreuser Gallery is resurrecting the event ArtBar on March 24.
Colorado Springs to be Branded as “Olympic City USA”
The City of Colorado Springs has recently unveiled plans to brand Colorado Springs as Olympic City USA, home to the U.S. Olympic Committee, Olympic Training Center, and soon, the new Olympic Museum. The Cultural Office is working closely with City leaders to ensure that arts & culture is integrated into this branding initiative.
Local Calls and Opportunities