September Arts News from COPPeR
The Artini to Kickoff Arts Month
Help spread the word about The Artini, a free community celebration to kickoff Arts Month in style! This “over 21 only” event will be held on Wednesday, October 1 from 6-9PM at The Mansion (20 N Tejon Street) in Downtown Colorado Springs. The evening will feature great live music with dancing, visual and performance art showcases, and a cash bar with signature martini drinks created by some of the area’s top mixologists! So come out and join us for a great time as we celebrate the start of Arts Month 2014!
Business & Arts Awards Finalists Announced
Congratulations to the nine area finalists who
will be competing for three prestigious awards
at this year’s Business & Arts Lunch:
– All Colorado Beer Festival
– Downtown Partnership
– Sam & Kathy Guadagnoli
Creative Workspace Award
– Adams Mountain Café
– Pikes Peak Library District
– Poor Richard’s Downtown Complex
Business Leader in the Arts Award
– Nechie Hall
– Cass Mullane
– Madeline VanDenHoek
The Colorado Springs Regional Business Alliance and COPPeR are pleased to present the Business & Arts Lunch annually each October. Our two organizations understand that a thriving and innovative business community succeeds only through the presence of an equally robust arts & cultural sector. This luncheon honors local businesses that are involved in the arts through philanthropy, leadership, and the integration of creativity into the workplace. The 2014 Business & Arts Lunch will be held on Tuesday, October 7 at the Hotel Elegante in Colorado Springs. Registration begins at 11:30AM and the lunch, creative showcases, and awards program will run from Noon-1:00PM.
For more details and to purchase Business & Arts Lunch tickets, please visit: http://www.coloradospringsbusinessalliance.com/bizarts
October is Arts Month!
This October, the Pikes Peak region will celebrate its first Arts Month, a new initiative to raise awareness for the quality, diversity, and value of the arts in our community. Artists and arts organizations throughout El Paso and Teller Counties will collaborate to highlight the thriving cultural community present in the region and to connect residents with the many cultural opportunities available. A special landing page has been created at www.peakradar.com/artsmonth, with complete information about the program. Check it out, or look below to find out how you can get involved with this exciting community initiative!
- Visit PeakRadar.com regularly to plan cultural outings with your family and friends.
- Use the Arts Month logo to link to peakradar.com/artsmonth from your website.
- “Like” the COPPeR and PeakRadar Facebook pages, and use social media to help spread the word about Arts Month.
- Volunteer your time, talent, or financial resources this October to help support the work of a local cultural organization.
- Most importantly, get out and ENGAGE your local creative community by exploring, experiencing, and enjoying all the wonderful arts & cultural events, activities and opportunities that exist here in the Pikes Peak region!
COPPeR celebrates accomplishments in our creative community regularly on our Facebook page – and there is so much to celebrate! Stay up on inspiring stories like these by liking us on Facebook today: https://www.facebook.com/artsculturefun. Please email us at info@CulturalOffice.org when you hear about good news that’s worth sharing!
Here is a sampling of arts & cultural news from August:
- COPPeR ecutive director Andy Vick will be the featured speaker at the Regional Business Alliance’s “Business Connect” event on Tuesday, September 2 (TODAY!) from 11:30AM – 1:00PM at the Lucha Cantina.
- The staff at COPPeR recently had a visit from our colleague Angela Seals and her new son, Everett–what a cutie! Check out the great photo! Angela will return to work at COPPeR on a part-time basis begininng on September 9.
- The Town of Monument became the first local municipality to prepare and approve an official proclamation in support of Arts Month! Manitou Springs and El Paso County are preparing similar proclamtions for September.
- The Colorado Springs Business Journal recently reported that the UCCS Visual and Performing Arts Center is on-track to open in 2017. Read the story here.
- The Colorado Springs Philharmonic has announced “Free for Kids,” a new initiative that makes performances more available and accessible to young people and their families.
- City for Champions recently hosted “A Collaborative Information Exchange” on August 19, where the public was able to learn more about the C4C Initiative.
For updates and information about the project, visit www.cityforchampions.com.
AIR Shift Workshop
Registration is now underway for the Pikes Peak region’s first AIR Shift Workshop, which will be held at the Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center over the weekend of October 24-26.
Presented by COPPeR, this weekend workshop teaches new ways for art and business to connect through innovation and collaboration, and is designed to serve and connect creatives, businesses, and the larger community. As a workshop participant you will (1) discover new opportunities in the new economy of innovation and art, (2) learn design thinking and business planning in a hands-on process, (3) develop new relationships with people of diverse backgrounds, and (4) imagine new career paths and develop your own personal action plan. For complete details and registration information, visit http://www.airartsincubator.org/learning/air-shift-workshop.