August News from COPPeR
AIR Shift Workshop
Registration is now open for the Pikes Peak region’s first AIR Shift Workshop, which will be held at the Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center from October 24-26.
Presented by COPPeR, this weekend workshop teaches new ways for art and business to connect through innovation and collaboration, and is designed to serve and connect creatives, businesses, and the larger community. As a workshop participant you will (1) discover new opportunities in the new economy of innovation and art, (2) learn design thinking and business planning in a hands-on process, (3) develop new relationships with people of diverse backgrounds, and (4) imagine new career paths and develop your own personal action plan. For complete details and registration information, visit http://www.airartsincubator.org/learning/air-shift-workshop
Reserve Your Seat (or table!) for the 2014 Business and Arts Lunch
The 2014 Business and Arts Lunch will be held Tuesday, October 7 at the Hotel Elegante Conference and Event Center. Registration opens at 11:30 a.m. and the Lunch will run 12-1 p.m. with performances, art, delicious food and 3 awards.
For details and to purchase tickets, visit:
The Colorado Springs Regional Business Alliance and COPPeR are pleased to present the Business & Arts Lunch annually each October. Our organizations understand that a thriving and innovative business community succeeds only through the presence of an equally robust arts and cultural community. This luncheon honors businesses that are involved in the arts through philanthropy, leadership, and the integration of creativity into the workplace. Interested in becoming a sponsor? There are several sponsorship options available including stage ($1,500) and table sponsors ($500). Learn more here.
COPPeR celebrates accomplishments in our creative community regularly on our Facebook page – and there is much to celebrate! Stay up on inspiring stories like these by liking us on Facebook today: https://www.facebook.com/artsculturefun. Email us at info@CulturalOffice.org when you hear good news worth sharing!
Here is a sampling of arts news from July:
- COPPeR is thrilled to announce that Angela Seals, Director of Community Partnerships, and her husband David, have welcomed a new baby boy into the world!Everett Penn Seals was born Saturday, July 26th. Congratulations!
- The new 2014-2015 Peak Radar Pages directory is now available for free from COPPeR’s Office and Arts Info Space, or for download at:http://www.culturaloffice.org/resources/peak-radar-pages/
- The Downtown Creative District has a unique new performance venue, The Mezzanine, inspired by the vision of the Colorado Springs Conservatory and the Guadagnolis.
- The Western Museum of Mining & Industry celebrated its 32nd anniversary this July, and announced a major expansion including an 80-seat theater, the return of live blacksmithing, and more! Learn more here.
- One Nation Walking Together presented another great year of the annual Colorado Springs Native American Festival and Powwow. Check out a video of the procession on Peak Radar’s Facebook page.
- This year’s cosPRIDE-Fest 24, the annual gay pride festival, was the largest in Colorado Springs history! More than 50,000 people came to celebrate diversity and equality at this colorful event, compared to 35,000 last year. Watch a video of the parade here.
- COPPeR was featured by the Sky Sox and Domino’s Pizza for their Charity Spotlight event at the July 27th game against Round Rock. Executive Director Andy Vick gave a radio interview and threw a ceremonial first pitch to kick off the game!
- Concrete Couch and the Pioneers Museum are collaborating on the first-ever Lantern Parade. Free lantern-making workshops have been held every morning this week, and will culminate in a parade tonight at 8 p.m. More details here!
Call for Creatives to Participate in Springs Business EXPO 2014
Businesses of all sizes and industries in the Pikes Peak region are signing up for the 2014 Springs Business EXPO, September 10 at The BROADMOOR World Arena. New and improved, the EXPO will feature special guests, live entertainment, business seminars on “building your business,” prizes every hour, and best of all – free admission to the general public! Register for your booth space at http://springsbusinessalliance.com/EXPO. 2014 Springs Business Expo is brought to you by the Business Alliance, BBB, SBDC and Platinum Sponsor: CenturyLink.
Get Ready for Arts Month!
This October, the Pikes Peak region will celebrate its first Arts Month, a new initiative to raise awareness for the quality, diversity, and value of the arts in our community. Artists and arts organization throughout El Paso and Teller Counties will collaborate to highlight the thriving cultural community present in the region and to connect residents with the many cultural opportunities available. A special landing page has been created at www.peakradar.com/artsmonth, with complete information about the program. Check it out, or look below for how you can get involved with this exciting initiative!